12.5.15

The Girl Who Ruled Fairyland - For A Little While (Fairyland #0.5) by Catherynne M. Valente


The Girl Who Ruled Fairyland - For A Little While (Fairyland #0.5) by Catherynne M. Valente

Goodreads Synopsis
In which a young girl named Mallow leaves the country for the city, meets a number of Winds, Cats, and handsome folk, sees something dreadful, and engages, much against her will, in Politicks of the most muddled kind.
_________________________________________________________________________
I really enjoyed this novella. I don't think it really matters if you read it before or after The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making, but it had some of the characters that are in the novel, so if you want to wait to become introduced to them, then I would read the actual novel first.

In terms of novellas, this was probably one of my favourites. I am excited for the series and it is because of htis novella. It had elements of surprise and action while the characters were full of wit. The story can only get better from here!

Overall: 4/5 stars. I can't wait to read the rest of the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I cherish each and every comment. If you leave me a link to your blog, I will do my best to comment back!