1 Jul 2015

Updates: June 2015 Wrap-Up!

Hey guys and happy July 1st! It is a holiday here in Canada and I am working (of course). But I read a lot of books this month (and did a lot of homework). Here is a wrap up of my month!


These Are The Moments by Jenny Bravo. A story about what it's like when you meet your soul mate too soon and the complications thereafter. Wendy learns that sometimes you just can't go back.
Read: June 1, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Similar to this read: I Know It's Over by C.K. Kelly Martin


Red Nights by Shari J. Ryan.  Felicity Stone is accused of setting the fire that kills her twin brother, but she is positive she didn't do it. Enter Hayes Peyton, a private investigator who has eyes for Felicity and wants to help her clear her name. 
Read: June 2, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Similar to this read: A Murder of Mages by Marshall Ryan Maresca. (Read my review!)

Since You've Been Gone by Mary Jennifer Payne. When 15 year old Edie's mother disappears without a trace, Edie does everything she can to find her mother before she is sent to live with her distant, abusive father.
Read: June 3, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
Similar to this read: Burned by Ellen Hopkins (Although this has more mature themes)

Hemlock Grove by Brian McGreevy. Strange things are happening in the quiet town of Hemlock Grove, Pennsylvania. When girls start turning up dead after a full moon, the resident Gypsy, Peter is called a werewolf and blamed for their deaths. If only they knew how close to the truth that was...
Read: June 4, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆
Similar to this read: Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer

Shadows of Asphodel by Karen Kincy. The world is on the brink of war, even with the magical Hex that doesn't allow gunpowder to be used. Ardis is a mercenary and kills without thinking until she meets Wendel and saves his life instead of ending it. The two grow closer, but can true love survive a war?
Read: June 4, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Similar to this read: Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas (Read my review of Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight!)

A Curse of Ash and Iron by Christine Norris. A steampunk Cinderella retelling that focuses on Ellie and the curse her step-mother has placed upon her and her father in order to get what she wants. How far is Ellie willing to go to break the curse?
Read: June 5, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Similar to this read: A History of Glitter and Blood by Hannah Moskowitz (My review will be posted in July!)

Faking Perfect by Rebecca Phillips. Lexi doesn't want to become her mother, so she surrounds herself with perfection in hopes that she can fake it long enough to survive. However, she finds herself slipping into her old ways and has to face the truth to become who she really is, not who she is pretending to be.
Read: June 5, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Similar to this read: Along For The Ride by Sarah Dessen

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. A classic dystopian novel about the world in which books are illegal and burnt upon being found.
Read:  June 6, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Similar to this read:  1984 by George Orwell

Fablehaven (Fablehaven #1) by Brandon MullWhen their parents go on a cruise, Seth and Kendra are sent to stay with their grandparents. Once they get there, they find out that their grandparents are the caretakers of the magical conservatory, Fablehaven.
Read: June 7, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
Similar to this read: Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series by Rick Riordan

Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith. This review won't be posted until August since the release date for this novel is September 1st! However, I enjoyed it a lot. Like a lot, a lot.
Read: June 7, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Similar to this read: What Happened To Goodbye by Sarah Dessen

Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer. The second in the Lunar Chronicle series that are science fiction fairytale retellings of famous stories. This one focuses on "Little Red Riding Hood"!
Read: June 8, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Similar to this read: A Curse of Ash and Iron by Christine Norris (Read my review!)

Dirt Daughter by Michele Shaw. Elena Black knows what happened to her friend Lizzie when they were kids. She would do anything to keep it a secret, but when Lizzie's cousin Chayton moves into Lizzie's old house, Elena isn't sure how much longer she can keep running from the past.
Read: June 9, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Similar to this read: Pretty Little Liars Series by Sara Shepard

The Fire Children by Laruen M. Roy. Two children escape the darkness of their underground dwellings, to find adventure, magic and terrible danger await anyone who ventures above ground.
Read: June 9, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
Similar to this read: Anomaly (Anomaly #1) by Krista McGee (Read my review!)

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices: Manga, Volume 1) by Cassandra Clare and Hyekyung Baek. The first installment of the manga version of The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare based on the novel of the same name. The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters.
Read: June 12, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Similar to this read: A Curse of Ash and Iron by Christine Norris (Read my review!)

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices: Manga, Volume 2) by Cassandra Clare and Hyekyung Baek. The second installment of the manga version of The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare based on the novel of the same name. As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.
Read: June 13, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Similar to this read: Hex Hall Series by Rachel Hawkins

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices: Manga, Volume 3) by Cassandra Clare and Hyekyung Baek. The third installment of the manga version of The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare based on the novel of the same name. As those who love Tessa rally to rescue her from Mortmain’s clutches, Tessa realizes that the only person who can save her is herself. But can a single girl, even one who can command the power of angels, face down an entire army?
Read: June 13, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Similar to this read: First Year (The Black Mage #1) by Rachel E. Carter (Read my review!)


Pivot Point (Pivot Point #1) by Kasie West. Addie can see her future, but only when a choice is to be made. When her parents tell her they are getting a divorce and she has to choose between them, she sees six weeks into her future to determine which one to live with. Caught up in romance and drama, which future is the one that Addie wants to live with?
Read: June 14, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
Similar to this read: Parallel by Lauren Miller

Havelock by Jane D Everly. This review won't be posted until July 10th when my blog is the stop for the review tour! Until then check out the synopsis on Goodreads and what others are saying about it. I thoroughly enjoyed this one!
Read: June 19, 2015
Review: July 10, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Similar to this read: A Murder of Mages by Marshall Ryan Maresca (Read my review!)

Undercover Empath: Kindred Demon by RaShelle Workman. This review won't be posted until July 12th! Until then, like above, check out the synopsis on Goodreads! I also enjoyed this one.
Read: June 19, 2015
Review: July 12, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
Similar to this read: Flicker Series by Kaye Thornburgh (Read my review of Flicker!)


Apprentice (The Black Mage #2) by Rachel E. Carter. After successfully being chosen as an Apprentice for Combat, Ryiah starts her apprenticeship while dealing with her relationship with both Darren and Ian. How will she deal with this intense training?
Read: June 20, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Similar to this read: Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas (Read my review of Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight!)


Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone #1) by Laini Taylor. Karou is an art student in Prague that leads a double life. In her other life, she runs errands for chimera collecting teeth and bringing them back. When she meets an angel, she questions everything she has ever known and starts to wonder "Who am I?"
Read: June 20, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆
Similar to this read: The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater

Ukiyo (Blud #1) by Mario Saincic.  Archaeology professor by day, backup shooter by night: Ukiyo is on a routine assignment when everything she has ever known turns itself on its head. While on a "cool down" period, she runs into Buri who claims to be her guardian. Who can Ukiyo trust?
Read: June 21, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Similar to this read: Point of Impact by Stephen Hunter

Mama Cried by Talia Haven. A short story that follows Jenny making the most important decision of her life. A must read.
Read: June 20, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Similar to this read: The Yellow Wallpaper and Other Stories by Charlotte Perkins Gilman

The Selection (The Selection #1) by Kiera Cass. 35 girls. 1 prince. The competition of a lifetime.
Read: June 25, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆
Similar to this read: Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. Rachel takes the train to and from London every day, seeing "Jess" and "Jason" and their lives. When she sees something out of the ordinary one morning, she gets involved in the mysterious disappearance of "Jess" and how their lives intersect.
Read: June 25, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
Similar to this read: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Dying Wish by James Raven. On his way to the hospital, author Grant Mason asks his assistant to burn down his house. Finding this to be strange, she calls DCI Jeff Temple and what he finds in the house leads to chasing down a killer.
Read: June 26, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Similar to this read: The Pelican Brief by John Grisham

Seven Weeks to Forever by Jennifer Farwell. A young adult romance beach read about
unstoppable love and impossible choices.
Read: June 27, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Similar to this read: Dream Catcher Trilogy by Lisa McMann

The Codex: An Angel's Guide to Seducing A Woman by Joe Duck. Narius is an angel on a quest to rid the world of the Grimoire. Along the way he meets a human named Emily who offers to help him on his quest if he pays her large amounts of money. What the two of them never expected was to fall in love.
Read: June 28, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
Similar to this read: Hush Hush Saga by Becca Fitzpatrick

Melanie's Evanescent Journey by B. Truly. This is part of a review tour, so my review will be posted on July 9, 2015.
Read: June 27, 2015
Review: July 9, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
Similar to this read: From a Distant Star by Karen McQuestion (Read my review!)



Jesse's Girl by Miranda Kenneally. Maya Henry wants to be a musician, so when she gets the chance to shadow country star Jesse Scott around for the day, how can she pass? There is more than meets the eye to this country hunk and Maya and Jesse come to realize that love can happen at any time and any place.
Read: June 29, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Similar to this read: How To Catch a (Rock) Star by Gabrielle Aquilina (Read my review!)

While I read the following in June, my reviews for them will not be coming out until sometime in July. The links will take you to the book's Goodreads page. Look for these reviews as they are posted!

The Single Game by Amanda Black. After finding out her boyfriend and her best friend are sleeping together, Eden can't wait for a fresh start. Looking to re-enter the dating scene, she plays the Single Game. 
Read: June 28, 2015
Review: July 2, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆
Similar to this read: The Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer

Center of Gravity by Laura McNeill. My review for this one is part of a review tour, so it will be posted July 23, 2015. Just know I LOVED IT. I can't wait until it comes out on July 14 so I can go pick up a hard copy.
Read: June 28, 2015
Review: July 23, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Similar to this read: Theodore Boone: The Accused by John Grisham

Welcome to Shadowhunter Academy (Tales from Shadowhunter Academy #1) by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan. After living as a Mundane and a Vampire, Simon never thought he would become a Shadowhunter, but today he begins his training at Shadowhunter Academy.
Read: June 29, 2015
Review: July 3, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Similar to this read: The Mortal Heart (Beautiful Creatures: The Untold Stores #1) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Mail Order Groom by Cindy Flores Martinez. After her fiancé calls off the wedding, Lisa decides to use her wedding for a higher purpose: helping Krzysztof Zielinski get a green card.
Read: June 27, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Review: July 4, 2015
Similar to this read: To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han (Read my review!)

The Lost Herondale (Tales from Shadowhunter Academy #2) by Cassandra Clare and Robin Wasserman. Simon learns the worst crime a Shadowhunter can commit: desertion of their comrades.
Read: June 30, 2015
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Review: July 5, 2015
Similar to this read: The Assassin and The Pirate Lord (Throne of Glass #0.1) by Sarah J. Maas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I cherish each and every comment. If you leave me a link to your blog, I will do my best to comment back!