24 Aug 2015

ARC August Week #3 Update!

ARC August is hosted by Read. Sleep. Repeat. and runs all August! Here is my weekly update. I read two ARCs and added a lot more to my list, but considering it was my last week of exams, I am pretty proud that I even finished one!

ARCs I finished this week:

The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore. My full review was posted on Queen of the Bookshelves
Mini Review: I loved this one. It was lyrical and beautiful and I highly recommend everyone picks it up when it comes out September 15th!
--
My Secret to Tell by Natalie D. Richards. My full review will be posted on Queen of the Bookshelves.
Mini Review: I liked this one, everything was "laid out" but the twist at the end was well delivered. I thought it was a tad bit predictable, which is why I gave it 4/5 stars.
Out of the Original List I Still Have To Read:
The Jack of Souls by Stephen C. Merlino.
Changeling, Vector, and Phoenix by Vaun Murphey.
Celtic Viking by Lexy Timms.

Estranged by Alex Fedyr.
--
ARCs I've Added:
Clockwork Menagerie (Shadows of Asphodel #2.5) by Karen Kincy
Summary:
1914. Konstantin would love to hide in his laboratory and dissect the clockwork dragon captured from Russia, but the Archmages of Vienna have other plans. He finds himself shipped off to St. Petersburg as the scientific attaché to an ambassador. His orders? Look, but don't touch. Of course, he considers this an impossible request with so much enemy technomancy to explore.   

To make matters worse, Konstantin has to work with the dashing zeppelin commander Himmel, a man who should also be untouchable. They can't act on the smoldering attraction between them without risking it all. Faced with an illegal relationship and a devious rival technomancer, Konstantin might not return from this mission in Russia without conquering the forbidden. 
--
Falling For Shakespeare by Erin Butler
Summary:
Katie thought she knew where her life was going. She was dating the captain of the football team, had a BFF for life, and everyone at school wanted to be her. But then her pregnant teen sister’s pregnancy changes all that. Everyone dumps her, including her friends and boyfriend.

Hey, Katie, welcome to life at the bottom of the high school food chain. This is how the other half lives.

Then there’s Nick. He’s a straight-A student and self-professed geek who’s had a thing for her since middle school. He needs a date for the winter formal, and Katie needs something to keep her busy. Nick’s plight becomes her personal pet project. She will help him get over his insecurities and get a date. Besides, she was popular once. She knows how to get dates.

But Nick has other plans. He's going to use these “dating” lessons as a way to win Katie's heart.

--
Summary:
The last thing sixteen-year-old Emily Slovkowski wants is to move away from her home at the Jersey shore, gorgeous surfer boyfriend Zach, and her entire identity. But that’s kind of how Witness Protection works, and Em must prepare herself for an epic do-over as she starts a new life in the Midwest.  
Even as she pines for sandy beaches and the night life of the shore, the newly-named Ember O’Malley finds herself making new friends, taking photos for the high school newspaper, and thinking an awful lot about the paper's editor, an oddly cute cowboy named Charles.

When Em stumbles upon a shady beneath-the-bleachers exchange between one of the school’s football coaches and a student, she refuses to get involved. The last thing she needs is to be witness to another crime or call attention to herself. Besides, she finally has some real friends - well, real except for the fact that they don’t know a single thing about her - and she prefers to keep it that way until the trial.

But as her day in court approaches, Em begins piecing together what she saw that day beneath the bleachers. And, as her own past secrets start to catch up with her, Em needs to figure out who she really is - Em or Em.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I cherish each and every comment. If you leave me a link to your blog, I will do my best to comment back!